Facebook has been in use for more than a decade now. Over the years, since we started using Facebook, we may have sent friend requests to many of our colleagues, friends, and family members. Whenever someone sends a friend request on Facebook, you must wait for the other individual to accept the request before you rekindle the communication with them. Even though Facebook sends a notification whenever some person accepts your friend request, there’s no notification regarding its status or rejection. So it becomes necessary for you to see your outgoing friend requests on Facebook.
Since there have been many changes in the user interface of the platform, not everyone knows how to do it. Therefore, this article is aimed to provide all the necessary information you need to see outgoing friend requests on Facebook. But first, let us see some basics about it.
What is a Friend Request on Facebook?
Facebook allows you to modify the privacy of your account to an extraordinary arrangement. Not exclusively would you be able to tweak who can see your profile, yet besides every individual post? At the point when you need to interface with an individual on Facebook, you need to send them a Friend Request. This sends a notification to the next client. They would then be able to choose whether they might want to acknowledge it or not. On the off chance that they do, you will be added to their Friends list and will have the option to see all their data that is imparted to the ‘Friends’ privacy setting.
How to see your sent friend requests on Facebook
Many of us might be aware of how to check on the friend requests sent to us by others on Facebook. However, only a few must be knowing how to check the friend requests that they have sent to others on Facebook to see if they were accepted or not. Facebook lists such rejected friend requests in a chronological sequence by the date. There are two ways to see your outgoing friend requests on Facebook. They are:
This method works only when you are using the Facebook app on your smartphone. The user interface on the app is a bit different than that on its site. To see the outgoing friend requests on Facebook from your account, launch the app first. Once you do this the remaining steps are fairly simple.
- You need to click on the three horizontal lines at the top right end of the menu bar.
- Now find and tap on the ‘Friends’ option.
- Once you do the above step, a list will appear on your screen showing the most recent outgoing friend requests.
- To see all the outgoing friend requests on Facebook, click on the ‘See All’ option.
- Then click the three dabs in the upper right corner. Tap ‘View Sent Requests’ to pull up the list of the relative multitude of Friend Requests you have ever sent on Facebook that have not yet been acknowledged.
As mentioned earlier the user interface on the Facebook site is a tad different than that on the app. To see the outgoing friend requests on Facebook, you must first open the Facebook site on the browser. Then follow the steps given below.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- On the left-hand side panel on your screen, look for the ‘Friends’ option and click on it.
- Then a list of the users that have sent you friend requests on Facebook will appear. Tap on ‘See All’ next to ‘Friend Requests’.
- Tap on ‘View sent requests’ in the left side panel. This will pull up a list of the relative multitude of Friend Requests you have ever sent on Facebook that have not yet been acknowledged.
Friend Requests don’t have a date of expiry like food products do. They will stay on a Facebook account until you physically erase them or drop the request. You can likewise view how old a sent Friend Request is on the Facebook portable application by utilizing the strategy above. There is no restriction to how often you can drop a Friend Request and send another one to a similar individual. At the point when you send another Friend Request, your name will ascend to the first spot on the list of their Friend Requests.