Facebook is indeed a leading name when it comes to social media platforms. It has a variety of features on its platform that has enabled it to become a pioneer in the industry. People can make friends, share photos and videos, make posts and pages, and buy and sell things on Facebook. Though it has been helping people for several years, it has faced several controversies over the years regarding breaches of data privacy. That is why most people are hesitant to allow Facebook to access their data such as photos and contacts. Though the social media giant claims that they do not go through the data and share it with others, fear has settled into the minds of many. But some people trust the organization and are looking for ways to allow Facebook to access their photos. If you are one of them then this post will be useful in allowing Facebook to access your photos.
It doesn’t matter if you are using Facebook on iOS or Android, we have got it all covered. The steps involved in the process are really simple to follow, and anyone can do it. So, grab your devices and get ready to follow the steps below.
Allowing Facebook to access your photos on iOS
If you are using an iPhone or iPad then this method will be useful for you. All you need to ensure that you have Facebook installed on your device. If not, do install it. Now, follow these simple steps.
- Go to the Settings of your device. The Settings icon is grey and is located on the home screen itself.
- Scroll the bar below and look for the Privacy option in the list. It is located in the same block as that of General Settings at the end of it.
- Now, look for the Photos option in the list that pops up. Once you find the option, tap on it. As soon as you tap on the option a list will pop up on your screen showing the apps that have access to your Photos.
- Look for Facebook in the list and slide the switch to the ON position. This can be confirmed by the switch turning green in color.
Now, you have successfully allowed Facebook to access your Photos on the iOS device. You can confirm the same by opening the app and posting a photo from the device.
Allowing Facebook to access your photos on Android
If you are an Android user, then this method will surely assist you. Make sure you have Facebook installed on the android device you are using otherwise install it. Now, simply follow the steps mentioned below.
Also Read: How to use quick replies on Instagram?
- Go to the Settings of your android device. You can do this by simply clicking on the Settings icon in the Apps menu or on the home screen.
- Once the Settings menu opens, look for the option of Apps and click on it. The option is likely to be situated under the Phone settings. As you click on the option, a list of all the installed applications on your device will pop up on your screen.
- Scroll below and look for Facebook. Click on the Facebook option.
- Then a list of the Facebook apps settings will open. Look for the Permissions option and click on it.
- Locate the Storage switch and slide it to the ON position. This can be confirmed by the change of switch color from grey to green or blue.
Now you have allowed Facebook to access your Photos, media, and all the other files from the gallery of your device. You can also save the photos and files from Facebook to your device.
Thus, in a few simple steps, you can allow Facebook to access your Photos on either iOS or Android devices. But while doing so remember that Facebook will probably keep a record of all your data.