WHAT IS PCOS?
Affecting an estimated 5 million U.S. women, polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common endocrine disorder in females. The exact cause of PCOS is unknown, but experts believe elevated androgens and insulin levels may be related to the condition. PCOS affects females of all ages, from adolescent to post-menopausal.
PCOS affects 1 in 10 women. Up to 70 per cent of women with PCOS are undiagnosed.
PCOS is the most common cause of female infertility. PCOS 1 Despite this, many women with PCOS can still conceive on their own or with fertility treatments.
50-70 of women with PCOS are resistant PERCENT to insulin, which can lead to diabetes
- IRREGULAR OR MISSED PERIODS Absent or irregular periods are periods that do not happen at all or that occur less than 6 to 8 times a year. If a woman does not get her period for a while, it might be because of PCOS.
- . EXCESSIVE BODY HAIR GROWTH(HIRSUTISM) Excessive male-pattern hair growth in a woman. In some cases, hirsutisms mild and requires only reassurance and perhaps cosmetic therapy, while in others, it causes significant distress and requires more extensive intervention.
- 3 ACNE (OILY SKIN AND PIMPLES ON YOUR FACE) Acne is the medical term for pimples. PCOS causes your pores to get clogged with dead skin and oil, and bacteria build-up. Then the skin gets inflamed and can turn red or swell.
- MALE PATTERN BALDNESS OR
- 4 THINNING HAIR Typical male-patterned hair baldness occurs in women or excessive and sudden thinning of the hair.
- MOOD CHANGES 5 Also known as mood swings – are rapid in mood caused by PCOS. One moment you feel calm and happy; the next, you are tense, anxious, feeling depressed or want to cry.
- TROUBLE CONCEIVING OR INFERTILITY Infertility is the inability to conceive after at least 12 consecutive month’s worth of concentrated attempts
- . FATIGUE OR EXCESSIVE SLEEPINESS Fatigue (either physical, mental or both) is a symptom that may be difficult for the patient to describe and words like lethargic, exhausted and tired may be used.
- 8 LOWER SEX DRIVE It’s common to lose interest in sex from time to time, and libido levels vary through life. It’s also normal for your part not to match your partner’s at times. However, low libido for an extended period may be a sign of PCOS.
- Cinnamon tea: Break 3-inch long cinnamon into small pieces. Boil these in 2 cups of water till the water Cinnamon tea: Break 3-inch long cinnamon into small pieces. Boil these in 2 cups of water till the water reduces to % cup. Add a teaspoon of honey and % teaspoon lemon juice. Drink this tea twice daily.
- Turmeric milk: Boil % teaspoon of turmeric or a piece of raw turmeric with a glass of milk. Strain the milk to remove turmeric residue. Drink this milk twice daily.
- Bitter gourd juice: Blend % cup of chopped bitter gourd or karela to paste with little water and add a glass of water. Strain the liquid to remove fibres. Add a teaspoon of honey to this and consume twice daily after food.
- Amla Fruit: Amla or Indian gooseberry can be consumed in the form of juice, tea or fresh fruit as it is. 2 amla fruits two times daily is a good choice
- Ginger: Grate one-inch ginger and add two teaspoons of honey two it. Consume this twice daily. Dry ginger can be used in salads and smoothies. One pinch of dry ginger two times daily is the preferred quantity. To % cup. Add a teaspoon of honey and % teaspoon lemon juice. Drink this tea twice daily.
Also Read: How do I make someone an admin on Facebook?